Celebrating ‘National Inclusion Week 2022’
Here at 3SC, we are one of hundreds of employers across the country celebrating ‘National Inclusion Week 2022’ (26 September – 02 October).
We are supporters, not only because 3SC is committed to valuing Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) in our own workforce, but because the shared ethos with clients and partners helps generate better outcomes in our delivery of job-seeking and offender rehabilitation services on behalf of the UK Government and the devolved nations.
Frequently our work meets the needs of those hardest to reach in society with our experienced team drawing on their expertise of a wide range of services such as women’s services, emotional management, neuro diverse support and substance misuse, and supporting clients where inclusion has been far from their personal lives.
We can make more of a difference by:
- Creating an inclusive environment within 3SC in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised and valued.
- Aiming to build a workforce which reflects our customer base, within the diverse communities in which we work, ensuring parity of representation across the workforce.
- Reviewing our employment practices to ensure fairness, encourage recruitment from groups currently under-represented and support career progression for all staff once employed.
- Promoting an environment free from discrimination, bullying and harassment, and tackling behaviour which breaches this.
- Treating our customers, colleagues and partners fairly and with respect. We are a Disability Confident Employer and regularly review our internal and external processes to ensure we continue to provide an inclusive environment for all.
Valuing I&D should never be a tick-box exercise and we believe that National Inclusion Week presents an excellent opportunity to see how 3SC can improve its own practices and behaviours. There are some fabulous resources and advertised events on the Inclusive Employers website (National Inclusion Week 2022 | Inclusive Employers) and we encourage our partners and other employers to take full advantage of them.
Kathryn Jellings, Director of Business Development, 3SC